Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Um...yeeeeaaahh...

That's the best title I could think of for this post. It been...a while. And I'm not picking up where I left off. That would be ideal, but I'm lame like that. Maybe one day I'll post pictures of the last, oh 8ish months. Maybe not. But I thought I SHOULD post, and what better thing to post than something totally random.

And the best part is, that you can't really tell how big Ethan has gotten since the last pictures I posted of him. But, he actually is still pretty small. Let me think...at his last few doctor visits, he's been in the 5th percentile for weight, something like 20th for height and 50th for head circumference. So apparently I'm not feeding him. But you'll see in the pictures to come he loves to eat...peanut butter that is.
We were eating lunch, and the awesome mother that I am has been out of bread for oh about a week now. Yes, bad mother. Got it. So we ate peanut butter and jelly on saltine crackers for lunch instead. (I used to do this as a kid all the time, except I had a huge sweet tooth and used honey. I thought jelly was more appropriate). Well, since I was just making them as they ran out, I kept the PB out and when Cameron was done eating he decided to go into the play room. Our high chair (which was given to us) doesn't have a buckle, and when I came back in the room to get Ethan out because he wasn't quite done eating, this is what I found. And unfortunately I decided to leave my SD card in my computer. So when I grabbed my camera really quick, I couldn't get the picture that I wanted. It was the oops-you-caught-me face. Anyway, some pictures of Ethan in the peanut butter. He LOVES LOVES LOVES peanut butter. I can't stress that enough. He asks everyday for butter (and it sounds like butter but remove the tt.) Anyway, he's a cute kid, and is getting into absolutely EVERYTHING now. Hurray, I just love the terrible twos. It makes me feel like I'm in my terrible twos with the way I react to Cameron and Ethan sometimes.

And Cameron. He's four, as of August 15th. He starts dutch preschool on September 1st. I think normally I would be just fine. But this is my crazy Cameron we're talking about going to a school where they speak Dutch, and he doesn't, all day Monday through Friday (with Wednesdays being a half day). Yes I am a bit nervous about this. He will also be riding the school bus. But they've told me that kids that young learn so fast that he'll be speaking Dutch in a few months. Next year when he starts kindergarden, he will go to the American school. Oh did I mention we moved to Belgium? I guess I will have to do some major updates huh? Anyway for now, here he is in all his glory on his birthday, the day we moved into our new house, the day the ruined pineapple upsidedown cake for the first time in my life, and with his baseball cupcakes that I just had to make because I felt horrible for not giving him a proper birthday.
And of course one last picture of what we deal with everyday of the week here. Only kidding, mostly it's just rain, but they call for hail a lot, and then sometimes we get it.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

So good to "hear" from you. I haven't seen pictures of Ethan in FOREVER so it is nice to see them!

Merry said...

I love this line: "Oh did I mention we moved to Belgium?" I hope you guys are doing well and getting settled in.

Tiffanie said...

Yay! I'm glad you posted. Your boys are so big and so cute!