Thursday, July 10, 2008

Time Flies...

Holy cow. I haven't blogged in a while. But just so everyone is filled in somewhat on the events in my life to this point...

We have been in Montana now for about three weeks. It is beautiful here. We are renting a cute little three bedroom house in a lovely little neighborhood. I really like Montana. But I've already found the things that I really dislike about Montana too. It is so small that flying out of Great Falls in incredibly expensive, the mosquitos are everywhere. We can't step outside without drenching ourselves in nasty repellent. There are so many one way roads. It is really scary, we've already gone the wrong way a couple of times now. Last, the intersections...they are TERRIBLE. At a four way intersection, there are no stop signs for either road. It's scary. If you are going North or South, then the other way is supposed to yield to you...i think, or maybe it's the other way around. Unfortunately for me, the grid is so different from Utah, I'm having a really hard time getting oriented. So far, this is my internal map...if we are going toward the Air Force base we are going east, away from it west. My house faces North, which is the way to Walmart. Anywhere else, and I am so turned around. But I guess it just takes time.
Cameron is growing so fast. He now has two bottom teeth, which he's had for a while, two top teeth, cutting two more top teeth, and cutting another bottom tooth. He is 20 lbs 4 oz. He loves to climb up the stairs, which we didn't have when we lived in Orem. He can walk a few steps (up to about 7 max) and then his legs buckle and he falls. He has become quite the troublemaker and loves to get into everything. He repeats a lot of sounds and has said "oww" "Whoa" and "Achoo" and when he knows he's going to get into trouble, before you can do or say anything he kisses you. He must think that will save him. As of right now, I am sitting in a parking lot that has WIFI Access typing on Clint's laptop. We do not have internet access at home right now and we're not sure when we will be getting it. But no doubt, I WILL be putting lots of pictures up soon, probably all of Cameron. He's the reason anyone actually reads this blog in the first place. Well, keep checking and sooner or later you will see some fun pictures.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Yay! It's nice to get an update from you. At least we know now that you are still alive out there, in spite of the crazy roads! Cant wait to hear/see more.

Sarah said...

I miss all three of you! I can't believe Cameron is giving kisses already! Watch out for that one he is going to be a heartbreaker!

P.S. Sorry to hear about the bugs.
"Did he say bugs? I hate bugs!!!" (The Mummy)

Scott and Jillian said...

Fun, fun! Moving is such a pain. How long do you expect to be in Montana? Good luck getting settled in and all that jazz. ;)