Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home From the Hospital

So, a few days ago, Ethan started getting a cold-so did Cameron and I. But then he started getting a fever, and let me tell you, I thought he was already fussy! We took him into the insta care on Saturday morning around 8am.

Side note: the night before, we took both kids to the movie theater with us and watched Avatar at 10:30pm. Cameron does really good in the movies now, and we figured he would just sleep anyway. NOT A CHANCE. He stayed awake during the whole movie! And we didn't get home until 2:30am. So getting him up at 7:30 the next morning, you can understand why he wouldn't stop throwing tantrums all day-which I felt really bad about because he had to go to the babysitter. Okay, that was a really long side note. Now, on to the rest.

They took Ethan's temperature and it was high, so they checked him out and couldn't find anything like an ear infection or things that you could see easily, so by 9:00 we were in the hospital, and Ethan was in one of those cages they call cribs. He'd gotten some tylenol by this point and was doing better, but still seemed like something was hurting him. They took some blood cultures, some fluid from his nose, and a urine test. They gave him some antibiotics, and then we waited and waited and waited. And then we waited some more. We waited for 2 days. In the meantime, every test came back negative, and so they gave him some more antibiotics to last another 48 hours. They sent us home on Monday around 11am. They said it was probably just viral infection ( I'm guessing from the cold he was getting).

All cozied up on Mommy. This is where he preferred to be, pretty much the entire time. And I don't blame him.


Merry said...

That's too bad! But I'm glad he's getting better. And we'll see you this weekend!

Geneil said...

I'm sorry—that is NOT a fun adventure! Glad you are all home and feeling better!

lacyboo said...

awww poor little man! im happy he is home now, that is no fun being in the hospital with your newborn:(

ba and the boys said...

ok i just started to follow your blog since i havent ckd it and THIS happens.
hopefully the sweet little guy is feeling better and you have all had time to sleep.

Jenny said...

Poor baby and poor mommy