Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I could very possibly be the worst mother ever!



And this is why...


We like to play- a lot. That's good, until someone gets hurt. Itsn't that something you always heard your mother say? Well, apparently I didn't get the hint. You see, sometimes when we play I like to sit on the kitchen counter and Cameron stands between my legs with his arms over my legs. Then he holds on to my legs and I straighten my legs out and pick him up and back down, and he just swings from my legs. We love this game. I'm sure you know where this is going. Well, when my legs were straight and he was swinging once, he decided that he couldn't hold on anymore and let go. He did a whole body flop on the kitchen floor. First was the bloody lip, then came the bloody nose, and last came the fat lip. I felt so bad, like someone had told me not to do it and I did it anyway like I was a kid. Now I'm sure none of you have ever hurt your kids before and you think I am the most terrible mother ever. But Cameron, whose cry is ear piercing decided to just cry a regular cry for about 20 seconds and was done and hugged me, like he was saying "Oh mom, we were having fun, accidents happen and I'm okay." I love my baby/big boy.


And here's a picture of Cameron sporting his new haircut in the bathtub.








4 comments:

Alissa said...

oh! poor cam!

and you can't be the worst mom... that's my title.

Sarah said...

I know you're a great mom! Accidents are bound to happen. Don't feel bad, he's tough and he looks like he is going to be just fine!

Jenny said...

Eh...many a mom has done worse than that, I promise. It doesn't seem to have phased him so much.

Rachel said...

I don't know what everyone else is talking about. He ARE abusive! Every time I call you Cam is screaming! (usually he wants the phone);)

I love you and thanks for the help with Thanksgiving dinner, hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!